We all have ‘bleh’ days. And that’s why reading a few self love quotes will pick you up and brush you down.
Remind you just how wonderful you are.
These quotes on self-love and self-esteem are for the days when ( although you know) that practising some self love exercises or taking thirty minutes to do a meditation would help you enormously, you just need a quick fix.
A short burst of self-love that quotes have the power to do.
This post may contain affiliate links. They cost you nothing but we make a small commission. If you would like me to explain it further, please visit our disclaimer page.
Self Love Quotes To Help You Through Tough Times
Remember to go easy on yourself my friend— wherever you are and whatever you are doing— It’s time for a change.
If you are going through difficult times right now and are experiencing life changes, remember there are plenty of things to be grateful for in life.
And you being right here, right now, is one them.
Pour yourself a cup of something warm, take a break from social media, and sit back and read these 39 self love quotes.
Slowly and purposely. Ready?
39 Self Love Quotes To Pick You Up & Brush You Down
1. ‘To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and negatives.’
– Denis Waitley
2. ‘What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters to what lies within us.’
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. ‘To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.’
– Oscar Wilde
4. ‘To love oneself, is the beginning of a life long romance.’
– Oscar Wilde
5. ‘Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.’
– T. Harv. Eker
6. ‘People who want the most approval get the least and the people who need approval the least get the most.’
– Wayne Dyer
7. ‘Owning our story and loving ourselves through the process os the bravest thing we’ll ever do.’
– Brené Brown
8. ‘There are days that I drop comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by myself.’
– Brian Andréas
9. ‘Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself. Only as we have the right attitude to ourselves can we have the right attitude to others.’
– Wilfred Peterson
10. ‘You are very powerful provided that you know how powerful you are.’
– Yogi Bhajan
11. ‘The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.’
– Mark Twain
12. ‘One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be rather than being yourself.’
– Shannon L. Alder
13. ‘Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions, do your thing and don’t care if they like it.’
14. ‘Low self-esteem is like driving through life with the handbrake on.’
– Maxwell Malt
15. ‘My mother told me to be a lady and for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.’
– Ruth Bader Ginsburg
16. ‘Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all barriers within yourself that you have built against it.’
17. ‘Accept yourself, love yourself and keep moving forward. If you want to fly you have to give up what weighs you down.’
– Roy. T Bennett
18. ‘You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.’
– Dr Robert Anthony
19. ‘When you stop living your life based on what others think of you, real life begins.’
– Shannon. L. Alder
20. ‘Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full and any excess will spill over to the people that you hold dear.’
– Beau Taplin
21. ‘Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.’
– Coco Chanel
22. ‘It is never too late to be what you might have been.’
23. ‘Until you value yourself you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.’
– M. Scott Peck
24. ‘You are enough just as you are.’
– Megan Markle
25. ‘The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.’
– Maya Angelou
26. ‘Your problem is you’re too busy holding onto your unworthiness.’
– Ram Dass
27. ‘Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in the shadows of one’s own sunshine.’
28. ‘You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.’
29. ‘You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.’
– Louise. L Hay
30. ‘If you do not respect your own wishes, no-one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.’
– Vironika Tugaleva
31. ‘You have to believe in yourself when no-one else does. That makes you a winner right here.’
– Venus Williams
32. ‘Loving yourself isn’t vanity, it’s sanity.’
– Katrina Mayer
33. ‘To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.’
– Thich Nhat Hanh
34. ‘Never bend your head, always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.’
35. ‘Lighten up on yourself. No-one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.’
– Deborah Day
36. ‘My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.’
– Henry Ford
37. ‘It is not the mountain we must conquer but ourselves.’
– Sir Edmund Hillary
38. ‘You’re always with yourself so you might as well enjoy the company.’
– Diane Von Furstenburg
39. ‘We must fall in love with ourselves. I don’t like myself, I’m crazy about myself.’
– Mai West
Related Posts That You Will Enjoy
10 Self love exercise that will (instantly) change the way you feel
Turn your life around with these 5 Positive habits
Dealing with rejection (when all you want to do is bawl)
10 Reasons for taking a break from social media
Starting something new. Why it’s always (slightly) terrifying.
If you know anyone who could use a few inspirational short self-love quotes right now then please share this post with them!